Thursday, May 30, 2013

It's Almost That Time!

CLUCK, CLUCK, CLUCK!!!

Yes, it's almost that time...not what everyone is thinking, however, the time clock still shows 3 weeks until the due date of Baby Shawhan...but what I'm talking about now, is it's almost time to intergrate Flock 3 into the rest of the group!!!

YAY!! I CAN NOT WAIT either! I can't wait until all we have is one group of chickens to tend to. These past few days it would have been nice to have everyone as one big happy family since Jimmy and Charlie left on Monday to like, actually work for a few days...they probably hate me by now. Anyhoo, I really want all the chickens together before Baby Shawhan comes. For one, it will be easier and less confusing on whoever comes to the house to take care of the critters while we are in the hospital, and two, it will be easier on us once we come home.

I plan on making the "big change" sometime this weekend on a day Dan and/or I will be home and can go out and make sure no one is being killed. I am pretty nervous about this intergration. We have 2 adult roosters currently ruling the roost and will be putting in 2 little guys with them. (IF anyone wants Cad-Buddy or a new little rooster, let me know!!) I want to keep Fumm and Dan likes Chicken Hawk.

I'm hoping and praying that since the new roosters are adolescents, the big guys will just prove their dominance and then leave them alone. I'm banking on the fact that since we aren't introducing adult roosters to the flock that Cad-Buddy and Chicken Hawk won't attack them. But I honestly don't know.

GULP! It will be nerve-wrecking for awhile.

I'll let everyone know how it goes!


                                                                                               ...cluck... cluck... cluck...

2 comments: